Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Can I have some life advice?

Lonely. Suicidal. Depressed.


I'm 14, I recently moved away from my best friends that were the only thing that made me happy. My parents aren't ever THERE if you know what I mean. I fell in love and got my heart shredded into three million freaking pieces and every day I think over and over ';what did I do wrong?';. My real dad ditched and my step dad is really sick not gonna live long and my parents only care about work. I kinda feel dead inside for some reason. Like, what the hell am I doing here? I tried talking to my best friend about how I was cutting and she flipped! So I told her I was kidding. :( I'm sad and so lonely ALL the time. All my life is, is the computer. Things get worse every day. Oh and I don't do any of this crap for attention either! okay? I haven't told a single person any of this stuff and I wear long sleeves at school and public.Can I have some life advice?
Hi, Juno H.





14, huh? That was an extremely tough time in my life as well. Those early teen years can really put anyone through the grinder. Not only are your outside circumstances difficult (real father not there, parents seem self-absorbed, new home, broken heart, etc...) but your internal world, your very physiology, is changing. You're a mess of hormones that screw with your ability to stay level-headed and serene. This is the time in every person's life where they are probably the most irrational and moody (not your fault). This is when children start to really break-away from their parents to develop their own identity (and tend to over-compare and judge themselves too harshly against kids their own age).





The only reason I'm telling you this is to maybe give yourself some patience. This is going to be difficult time for a while. Better to KNOW that you are facing hard times and prepare yourself for it, than to DENY it and try to avoid it or escape it through destructive acts (suicide, self-mutilation, drugs, dangerous or promiscuous behavior). But YOU WILL get through it and rediscover joy again.





I'm not going to tell you to stop cutting. Who am I to do that? From what I know cutting is a way to redirect the pain somewhere else. It is an indication of your inability to cope without it, but it is a coping mechanism of sorts and it's better than promiscuity, drugs, or more serious self-destructive behavior.





Life goes in cycles and you are going through a particularly rough patch right now. As long as you don't try to escape your feelings, you'll eventually learn to deal with them. But if you feel as if you are sliding a lot faster than you can deal with, ask your parents for help. See if they can take you to your doctor and tell him/her what you feel (don't sugar-coat the fact that you are feeling suicidal and that you need someone to talk to). Don't be afraid to be honest about how you feel. While your situation is unique, your maturity level and reactions are typical. There are therapists out there trained to help those with issues like yours. (Personally, however, I wouldn't let them medicate you with anti-depressants. Do your research on these drugs. They can complicate your issues more. Just ask that you want to work out your feelings without drugs and that you are not going to kill yourself.)





It is NORMAL to feel depressed at this time in your life and for the specific issues that you are dealing with. It sucks, it really does. But you are strong enough to go through it. Don't feel like a failure because you aren't happy and don't know how to be. Most don't at your age.





Be gentle and loving to yourself. Try to occupy your time with things you know you enjoy. Try to stop yourself while feeling especially down and redirect your attention to something more soothing. Take it one day at a time and I guarantee you that your storm will eventually subside and the light will shine again. Not only that, but you will be a mentally stronger and more mature person for it.





Good luck to you, Juno.Can I have some life advice?
I cant say i've ever been there, but when all goes wrong, pick up a book, and sink into the depths of it's pages.
shoot yourself
everyone goes through some tough times. but i must say your dealing with an awful lot at once. i know what its like to have all your friends ripped away from you all at once. i was forced to move to the other side of the world by my parents.





i hate to think that your cutting yourself. why? to feel alive?


you need to hang on through the tough times. you need to talk to somebody about this, a problem shared is a problem halved as the saying goes.





i hope ive helped, but what can one say apart from time heals all wounds.
Hello Juno, I am so sorry that things feel so very overwhelming right now....are you staying in contact with your friends...stay in touch with them every opportunity that you can....it will really help alot.....then try to make some new friends that you can feel comfortable talking to....I know change is hard, but soon you will feel more at home here...it just will take a little time....Is there a relative or someone that you feel close to that you can talk to about how you are feeling right now....please reach out to someone that you trust....they will be able to help in how you are feeling....I know it is hard right now, but things will get better....give yourself some positive affirmations every day, try to think positively and write some goals for yourself. Writing goals will help you to focus on your future and what direction that you want your life to go....try something new, start a new hobby, volunteer somewhere nearby that will make you feel good to be able to help others and take the focus off of yourself for a little while....Sweetness, I know you feel sad and lonely, but things will get better, you only want your sadness and pain to go away, not your life....please do not even consider suicide...it is not the answer....be strong, rise above all of the sadness and tell yourself that you are going to be alright....you never know what wonderful things that are waiting for you around the very next corner....you will make new friends, you will have many boyfriends in your lifetime....sweetie, I wish you comfort for when you are feeling sad and alone, and I wish for you every happiness that your young life has to offer you....if you ever need to talk to someone who cares, please, please email me..I will listen....((((HUGS))))...Linda
What your feeling is normal as long as you dont follow through on it. Stop cutting because you already proved that you can feel.You will get better at understanding life and its meaning as each day passes.Now that you are getting older you have to find out how to enjoy your own company, instead of depending on your friends to amuse you. Of course having friends to hang with is always fun but you can have fun alone to.Pamper your self. try some new hair styles, new makeup styles or clean out your closet and mix %26amp; match some outfits.Read a good book or watch some comedy on T.V. when you are bored.Did you look into any clubs at school ? Volunteer at a animal shelter ?Join a church ? Anything to meet new people. As for the boyfriend issue unfortunately we all get our hearts stomped on at least once in life but find happiness in knowing that what goes around comes around and he will get paid back.Please talk to your mom and let her know what is going on, if not Please tell a school counsler ASAP.You sound very mature and smart so I am sure you will get through this soon.
you probably feel out of place, new city, new people, out of place!


and plus your 14 a teenager which means some tend to get depress,self acceptance.Try looking at life in a different direction.If you sit around in your pc your missing out. Have lunch in a different place, go up to people and say hi,make conversation,make friends and soon you will probably forget what ever is going around you (it probably wont consume you) fresh air and sun rays for who knows what reason helps with stress, oh try meditation-!!!


and cutting yourself doesn't look to good your just letting me know your not a stable person,so don't do this to your self turn off your pc and have fun,forget and love.
All I can say is that we all get depressed. I get depressed and sometimes more than others. i went to a therapist and it really helped. I am not on any meds they just helped me out as far as my outlook on life and exposing me to certain things while exposing myself and finding out that life usually works itself out. You just have to give it time and work hard it really sucks and can be very tired and boring, I wonder all the time what am I doing here and is this going to make me happy. But, I manage to just tell myself what i tell myself and I get over it pretty quick. that is what the therapist did really helped me rationalize my feelings, so that I did not feel weird or awkward anymore. I hope that you feel better Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment