Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hey! Please read! Basketball/Life Advice?

Okay. First of all, I would just like to say thanks for taking the time to read this. Now on to my advice. Myself and a teammate of mine were recently pulled to jv because our parents called and were tired of seeing us barely playing on varsity. We were a little upset at first, so much that we had an emergency team meeting. By the time we got out to practice, I was fine and ready to go, but she was pouty and wouldn't do any of our plays, she was walking up and down the court, and she was still crying. Her excuse was that she's not used to playing with people that aren't as experienced as she is, and that at home she's spoiled. and to top that she was still crying and her excuse for that is that she's sensitive and that we shouldn't yell at her! We never yell at her unless its for encouragement or to bring it together. She recently got better from breaking her pinkie. I didn't expect her to get right back on varsity. She then started insulting the entire JV team by stating that they weren't as skilled as she was and even though i wasn't on their team for long, I felt a little disturbed by that. She eventually apologized for saying the way she said but she still didn't want to play with JV. It's bringing down our entire team, and it's no fair. to put the icing on the cake, WE ARE FRESHMAN!! we have three years left to be on varsity. Please could somebody give me advice on what my team and I should say to her?Hey! Please read! Basketball/Life Advice?
tell her to get a grip.your only freshmen and lucky to be on varsity at all. remind her of that. it doesn't matter how good u are, you make do with what you have. i play soccer with people who aren't as skilled as me and it has made me more confident and better

No comments:

Post a Comment