Tuesday, November 22, 2011

First love v. Better life (advice)?

I've been seeing a guy for a year now. He's great and like my best friend in everything. I love him, but it's mostly on the friend level. We do have sex, but it's just kind of because it's something I think I should do for him because we are ';together';. We don't fight. We have lots of the same outlooks on life as far as family, kids, education and so on... He asked me to marry him last week and I said yes. I mean, who doesn't want to marry someone they get along with and wants the same things, and the sex thing has not been that big of a deal to me.





And then in steps ';Huge Problem';





My first love found me online 2 days after the proposal. We started catching up and talking about the memories and I remember the passion and the emotions and I miss it and I still feel a strong love for him that I'm pretty sure will never go away. Plus he just knows every little thing about me. Even things I don't really know about myself, he notices and remembers and understands... So now I'm questioning my relationship. My first love is very unstable and moves a lot and can't hold a job down, so my logical side is saying STAY AWAY, but my emotions are telling me go for it.





So what to do... Love or Stability?





And how do I handle it? Just cut one of the out completely? Help....First love v. Better life (advice)?
I think you should not be with either of them. You obviously don't know what you want, so you should figure out what you want with your life first. If your not sure than don't do it and your not sure who you ';love';. Love yourself first.First love v. Better life (advice)?
I am married and not to my first love.





1) A stable relationship with a man who cares for you is more important that excitement in the long run.


2) Everyone's first love is the strongest and most hard to forget. But most people do not marry their first love.


3) You are comparing apples to oranges.


4) Instability and moving a lot on top of having trouble holding down a job = bad boyfriend material, never mind husband material.





When I got engaged I went through the same thing. And I know I made the right decision because I love my husband and he's a good man. He doesn't bring drama into my life with unemployment or cheating or homelessness or whatever else... he doesn't know every little thing about me but we have our whole lives to learn those things.





Yes you cut one out completely. And if you don't mind advice from someone who's been there/done that... please choose the stable one. Your life will be so much easier. And you'll be so much happier.





Listen to your logical side. It knows what's best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment